A brief “Brief on Rajasthan Public Service Commission (RPSC) & History” what are it’s various functions, how is it regulated, initial composition, functions etc.
- ~70 years.
- 1923: Lee Commission recommended setting up of Central Public Service Commission (CPSC) in India.
Formation of Rajasthan and Subsequent Steps:
- At the time of formation of Rajasthan, the institution of Public Service Commission existed in only three of the 22 covenanting states
- viz. Jaipur, Jodhpur and Bikaner.
- And subsequently the notification for formation of RPSC was published in Raj gazette on 22nd Dec-1949 and
- hence RPSC came into being
Initial Composition of Commission:
- One Chairman and 2 Members
- Chairman: Sir S.K.Ghosh the then Chief Justice of Rajasthan
- Other members: Shri Devishankar Tiwari and Shri N.R. Chandorkar
- It’s working is regulated by Rajasthan Public Service Commission Rules & Regulation, 1963
- Organizes recruitment exams
- Procedures for recruiting employees to government departments in clerical cadre and in Rajasthan Administrative Services (RAS)
- Organizes exam for recruitement of RAS, RPS, Rajasthan sub-ordinate services etc.
- Jaipur road, Ajmer, Rajasthan.
For preparing GK related to static topics visit our GK section where you can find over 5000+ question on varied topics.
Hope we were able to do justice here on giving you a brief on Rajasthan Public Service Commission (RPSC) & History.
For more such articles do write us or comment and let us know about your preferences, so that we can able to deliver that for you.
So, study hard and get what you dream for. All the best for your future and have a good time during this corona times.